Total Pageviews

Ninja Followers :)

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"I Could have done BETTER."

"If I didn't say YES to their 'NOs'.."

I know I could have done better. 



Mom always say "No" to everything I wanted to do when I was still a kiddo. When I was in Kinder to Grade school, I wasn't allowed to join the Field trips, so I need to make my yearly 'excuses' to not to get embarrass to my friends.

In High School, I wanted to join the Citizen Army Training, but i was never allowed too. I was on my 2nd day of Volleyball training for varsity but mom scolded me and she wanted me to quit, so I did. :'( My self-esteem was really low and i grew up afraid of doing things on my own because people might judge me. When I reached College, I visited the Orange Dance Studio and checked the area and I was about to join and enroll myself, because I really wanted to learn how to dance well, but mom didn't allowed me again. I envy my sister who was able to join the dance contest during our high school days, she was a cadet officer and everyone in our school has a high respect for her, and oh! she's popular too..but I'm not after that. What I mean is that, She's known for her excellence in academics and extra co-curricular activities. I never was. 

She reached college and damn!!! She got in a well respected University and I didn't. She was a consistent Dean's Lister and I was failing my subjects. She was the Captain for Female Football Team for the whole college course and I was burying myself with the books I never wanted all my life because I let mom decide for my course.

After all, I realized how IMPORTANT to learn how to say NO. I know it's too late to experience all the things I wanted to do all my childhood days. Wish I could turn back time and indulge myself to all those activities I wanted to do.

KEEP CALM MOM IS ALWAYS NOT RIGHT KIDS, KEEP THAT IN MIND! 


1 comment:

  1. You sound like a good daughter :) I used to be like you. Alam mo iyong natatakot ka sa sasabihin ng iba at ng parents. I grew up with a low self-esteem too kasi kapag kakanta ako, sisingit agad yung nanay ko "sintunado" kapag sasayaw "matigas ang baywang" at 'yung time na nagka-honor ako sa klase, "tsamba lang daw" but I noticed din na 'yung kuya ko 'yung lagi nilang binibida. Just remind yourself na kapag nagka-anak ka, support everything they do. But I felt sad talaga nung mabasa ko ito dahil parang nararamdaman ko 'yung pakiramdam na 'yung kapatid mo lang 'yung pinapayagan sa lahat ng bagay at dahil doon parang masa naging masaya 'yung kabataan niya.I'm living on my own now dahil nung bata ako, my mom was so strict pagdating sa akin. Alam mo 'yung enjoy ka sa isang bagay tapos kailangan mo nang umuwi. Pero now, nagagawa ko 'yung gusto ko, I even learn how to swim na akala ko imposible na dahil matanda na ako. Ako lang ang hindi marunong lumangoy sa pamilya dahil hindi ako pinapayagan ng nanay ko kapag may swimming. Learn to distance yourself sa mga bagay na makakapigil sa'yo para maabot 'yung pangarap mo. Hindi dahil sa hindi natin sila mahal, pero hindi habangbuhay kasama natin sila kaya kailangan nating mag-desisyon para sa sarili natin.

    ReplyDelete

Just say anything you want. :)